Luxembourg is known as The Green Heart of Europe because of its rolling hills covered in verdant forest and its valley patterned by farmland. They preserve the beauty of nature by different ways such as efficient recycling programs and sort of different materials into their respective boxes, etc.
Luxembourg is one of the best choices for short vacations. It is just a small country where most of their tourist destinations are located near to one another.
The Luxembourg Card
This time, I am going to tell you about something that people will not tell you about or you will not be able to read on the internet or other blogs. This is the Luxembourg Card and here is how it works.
It is indeed an ideal tool to discover Luxembourg. For 1, 2 or 3 days, you can already enjoy the free access to more than 60 museums and tourist attractions in all the areas of of the entire country of Luxembourg. This is just one of many advantages of this Luxembourg card, especially all public transport is free! Benefits:
- free access to more than 60 museums and tourist attractions
- visitor's booklet identifying the most attractive sites to visit
- train and buses on the national public transport network of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg can be used free of charge in the 2nd class
- exclusive discounts of up to 30%
- free access to more than 60 attractions
- 1 day / 1 person = 13,00
- 2 days / 1 person = 20,00
- 3 days / 1 person = 28,00
- 1 day/ 2-5 persons = 28,00
- 2 days / 2-5 persons = 48,00
- 3 days / 2-5 persons 68,00
I made a seperate blog about this and you can directly read it here.
1. Grand Ducal Palace
2. Statue of William II
It was sad that when we visited the Statue of William II, there was a contruction that was being held on its back side so we were not able to take a proper picture of it.
3. Luxembourg City Hall
4. Chocolate House
This one is really for millenials like us who love to take photos for instagram and facebooks. It is indeed a #instaworthy. They have variety of hot chocolate and they have different sugar percent. Their pastry and chocolates that you should not miss!
5. The Parliament
6. Gelle Fra Memorial
7. The Bock Casemates
There will be an entrance fee for this but if you get the Luxembourg card, you can enjoy the Boch Casemates for free.
8. Chemin de La Corinche
This one is one of the most famous tourist place in Luxembourg and is indeed an #instagramworthy for all of us.
9. Statue of the Grand Duches Charlotte
10. Musee National D'histoir Et Art
There will be an entrance for this but if you get the Luxembourn card, you can come to this museum for free.
11. Notre Dame Cathedral
12. Luxembourg Railways Stations
All these places are near to one another. So it is OK to get a hotel or any place for your accommodation outside the city center for you only need to ride few times to get in the city center then walk around.